What I Do
- Do you spend enough quality time at events with your donors and supporters?
- Does your agency come to a screeching halt every year you host the same event?
- At the event, do you find your staff and volunteers running around, trying to troubleshoot details for which they have no experience, meanwhile the bigger picture is completely unfocused?
- Does your event have a beginning, a middle and an end?
This is where I come in. With my expertise in production and nonprofit events, I make sure your organization continues to run smoothly before, during and after your events.
What exactly are special events and what results should you expect? Ideally, they:
- build a way for you to recognize and strengthen relationships with current donors
- introduce your organization to new donors and potential long-term advocates
- generate publicity for your cause
- develop fundraising experience for staff
- and of course, raise money
As a nonprofit event specialist, my goal is to handle the big and little details of your special events, giving you the opportunity to focus on your mission, objectives and guests, and achieve maximum results.
I am much more than a fundraising or production consultant. In fact, what I do goes deeper than either of these roles. Fundraising consultants may help you raise money upfront, but do not handle what happens at the actual event. Meanwhile, production consultants can help you run the show, but do not look deeper in fully engaging with your guests and donors throughout and after the event. Instead, my method does more than just fundraising or production. I focus on optimizing every opportunity to engage every guest on each level, leaving nothing on the table.
In my expertise with nonprofit special events, I have four main areas of focus:
Health and Wellness
Organizations I have worked with which benefit the health and wellness sector include the TJ Martell Foundation’s Women of Influence Awards, the Vaseline Intensive Care Women’s Health Initiative, Services for the Underserved Gala and the Treatment Action Group Research in Action Awards.
When it comes to social justice, I have producer the SAGE Awards, the LGBT Center’s Garden Party and Women’s Event, the Mary Kay Inspiring Stories Domestic Violence Project and Safe Horizon’s Champion Awards.
A personal passion is animal welfare. Organizations I have worked with include everything from dogs and cats to cows and goats. The NYC Animal Care Center’s “Boroughbred Ball”, “K9K” Dog Walks Across the Brooklyn Bridge for the Animal Cancer Foundation, Cocktails & Cow Tales for Catskill Animal Sanctuary and the Bideawee Ball for NYC’s oldest animal rescue, are just a few.
Arts and Culture
Finally, my specialty in arts and culture has covered a variety of different nonprofit organizations and their events. Some of these include MCC Theater’s Miscast Gala, Ice Theatre of New York’s Fall Season and Gala, the National Arts Club’s 120th Anniversary Celebration and OpenHouse NY’s “Open the City”.
While these four main areas have been my fields of expertise, I also enjoy working with nonprofits with causes and events outside of these sectors. No event is too large or too small – they are all important!